When arranging for burial of a loved one, Funeral Costs in Cincinnati become very important. Not all funerals cost the same, so it is important to understand how the final bill is calculated. Keep in mind that while it is important to honor your loved ones wishes, it is also important to stay within the provided budget from the will or life insurance policies. Here is an itemized breakdown of funeral costs.
- Use of the Chapel for Public and Private Viewing. Keep in mind that a viewing is not always necessary. While some families prefer an extended period of time for family and friends to gather, others eliminate this entirely or only arrange for visitation on a single day.
- Embalming Procedures. Embalming is only required when arrangements have been made for public viewing. Because the burial will be delayed, it would be unhygienic to bypass this procedure. However, it is not required when no delay in burial is requested.
- Purchase of a Coffin. Coffins are available at many different prices. While more expensive options are available, they are not necessary. In fact, instead of a coffin, a shroud may be purchased instead at a significantly lower price.
- Service of Hearse for Transport to the Cemetery or Church. Some families opt for a limousine to transport the family as well as a hearse to carry the diseased. Keep in mind that there are different levels of service available depending upon your wishes.
- Staffing Levels. Keep in mind that larger funerals require more staff to smooth the process. When family and friends are available to help direct traffic or arrange for food, funeral home staffing levels may be lower with attendant cost savings.
- Help with the Arrangements. Funeral homes and their directors are experts when it comes to making arrangements. The staff will guide you through the process and only make the necessary arrangements that you are unable to do on your own.
At B.J. Meyer Sons Funeral Homes, they understand that the Funeral Costs in Cincinnati can be overwhelming. They work with families to ensure that each loved one is treated in a respectful manner and that families are not overwhelmed by the cost of burial. Visit us website for more information.