Having a stable roof is one of the most important aspects of protecting your home. When your roof is doing its job, your home will not experience damaging leaks. Though a roof should last for many years, there are issues that can arise and allow damages to occur. When this happens, water can seep into your home and create a multitude of problems. To avoid serious expenses and the need for a roof replacement for your roofing in Coeur d’Alene, ID , it is important to recognize the signs of problems, so you can have them repaired promptly.
What are the Signs of Problems With Your Roof?
* Dark spots on your ceiling — This can be a sign of moisture being let in through the damaged roof. If you see dark spots on the ceiling, you most likely have mold growing from a leak.
* Wet spots on the ceiling after rain — This means your roof has been compromised and is letting rain water in. You will especially notice these spots after a heavy rain.
* Sagging in your roof decking — The supports of your ceiling will begin to sag when under pressure from a roof that is failing.
* Light shining through — Cracks in your roof can allow light to shine through, but also will admit rain.
* Missing or damaged shingles — This can be a sign of the beginning of problems for your roof. Missing or damaged shingles should be replaced as soon as possible, to avoid damage.
* Shingles grains in your gutters — The material that coats your shingles resembles sand. If you are seeing a lot of these granules in your gutters, this most likely means your roof is breaking down and becoming damaged.
* Wet and moldy spots on your roof — When your shingles become damaged, water can begin to pool underneath, causing mold and rotting wood.
If you are experiencing any of these signs, you may need a new roofing in Coeur d’Alene, ID. To have your roof inspected, contact Premier Roofing Contractors and allow them to check your roof for problems. Whether you need a repair or a replacement, they are the ones for the job.