When a home’s foundation becomes compromised, the basement is often the first area to become damaged. A leaking basement can become expensive to handle. When leaks become a problem, a homeowner needs to seek the professionals so repairs can be carried out. With this information, homeowners will learn about the signs they should look for when they have a leaky basement in Hingham MA.
Signs of a Leaking Basement
There are a few different signs that can begin to occur when a home has a leaky basement in Hingham MA. Should a homeowner notice any of the following signs, repairs need to be carried out as soon as possible.
- One of the first signs a homeowner will notice is a musty smell in their basement. When a musty smell occurs, this means there is too much moisture in the air. If this sign is noticed, a homeowner needs to have their basement checked for signs of leaks.
- Water stains on the walls or floors indicate there are basement leaks occurring. If water stains are found, it is essential the homeowner seeks repairs so these leaks can be stopped right away.
- A visible white powder on the concrete blocks means water is seeping through them and leaving behind mineral deposits. Efflorescence should never be ignored because this could lead to cracks and other damages in the blocks.
- Mold and mildew growth are common when water is infiltrating the basement. A homeowner may notice they are able to smell and see the mold and mildew growth.
- If rust begins occurring, this means there is too much moisture in the air. It is essential homeowners seek immediate basement repairs when these issues are discovered by the homeowner.
If any of the above signs are noticed, prompt repairs are needed. Waiting too long will lead to increased damage and repair costs.
Schedule an Appointment
Homeowners who are dealing with a leaky basement can receive repair services from the professionals. Check out Drycretewp.com to learn more about these beneficial services and how they will protect your home from further water damage. Call today if you would like to schedule an appointment.