Finding new and exciting ways to customize the look of your car is important. With the right customizations, you will be able to let your creative side shine through. Some customizations, like window tinting in Jacksonville, FL are more about functionality than appeal. Getting windows tinted will help you to avoid damage to your car’s interior due to exposure to the hot Florida sun. If you are curious about how dark your windows can be in the state of Florida, check out the following information.
Guidelines To Follow When Tinting Coupes and Sedans
If you drive a coupe or sedan, the tinting laws will be different than they are for SUVs and vans. The first thing you need to be aware of regarding window tinting in Jacksonville, FL is that no reflective tint is allowed above the car manufacturer’s AS-1 line. You will also need to be aware of other car tinting guidelines for coupes and sedans like:
- Windows on the front side of the vehicle must allow at least 28% of the light in.
- Windows on the back side of the vehicle are required to let a minimum of 15% of the light in.
- Rear windows must also allow a minimum of 15% of the light in.
SUVs and Vans Tinting Guidelines
For SUV and van owners, the car tinting in Jacksonville, FL are a bit different. While the stipulation regarding non reflective tint below the manufacturer’s AS-1 line are the same as a sedan or coupe, there are differences like:
- Windows on the back side of the van of SUV can have any darkness of tint just as long as it is 6 inches from the top of the window.
- Rear windows can also have any darkness of tint if it is put 6 inches below the top of the window.
When the time comes to get tint installed on your vehicle, getting some professional help is important. With the assistance of a professional, you will be able to avoid car tinting mistakes.
The professionals at Advanced Window Tinting will be able to get your new tint installed with ease. Call us at 904-262-9919 or visit our website for a breakdown of the services we can provide.