According to the US Department of Energy, skylights should cover around 5 to 15% of a room’s floor area, based on the number of windows. Skylights should also have insulating glazing and heat absorption tint to control the indoor heat. If you are, say, a resident in Virginia, and want to install skylights Virginia to add extra warmth and light to your interiors, you must get the services of the best professionals in the area. They have the expertise to position them to ensure optimum results. For instance, if extra warmth and light are what you expect, install them in the north-facing area; if reduced solar heat gain is your requirement, place them on the south-facing area.
Skylights Virginia: Benefits
Installing superior-quality skylights has the following benefits:
* Beautiful and practical, they facilitate the entry of natural sunlight into your home interiors. Natural light helps regulate the internal body clock, resulting in better sleep at night and averting depression in the winter.
* Light up the darker areas of your home without cutting down the big, shady trees near your home.
* Create a sense of depth and spaciousness, making them particularly useful for smaller homes.
* Well-positioned skylights Virginia can reduce electric bills by up to 20% a year, as it eliminates the need for electric lighting during the day. You can also save on the use of heaters, as they also add warmth.
* It helps in preserving the environment, as homes with skylights are energy efficient and save on electricity.
* They are cost-effective, given their substantial energy costs savings. They also provide the satisfaction of having reduced your carbon footprint.
* Such homes also fetch greater value, as they have modern appeal, energy efficiency and aesthetics.
* Get better flow of sunlight into your home without comprising on privacy.
* Get an interesting view of the outside, comprising the sky, clouds, stars and even the spectacular lightening. So, you experience the beauty and splendor of the outdoors right within your home. The view can be wide or small, depending on the location and size of skylights Virginia.
Get your skylights Virginia installed by professionals to avoid problems. You can contact the industry leader at www.wascoskylights.com for the best products and services.