If you are about to take your driving test it can be very nerve wracking. You want to give yourself the best possible chance of passing with these helpful tips:
* An online License Practice Test will help prepare you for the many situations you might encounter during your test. You will gain confidence and learn what to expect so you can focus on the task at hand.
* Make sure you are taking the test in a car that you are familiar with and feel comfortable driving. This will allow you to remain calmer and not panic if something doesn’t work the way you expect. Familiarize yourself with all of the controls and ensure you know how to work wipers, turn off the radio, unlock the doors and turn the turning indicator on and off so you do not embarrass yourself and become flustered.
* Adjust your mirrors so they are perfect and ready for the test.
* Put on your seatbelt and if your assessor does not make sure you tell them to do so before you start.
* Watch for key issues that will test your skills such as speed reductions, school areas and cross walks.
* Keep your hands on the steering wheel and your eyes on the road. You can choose the 10:00 and 2:00 position or the 9:00 and 3:00. Never let go of the wheel whether you are turning or going straight.
* Always maintain a safe distance between cars even when you stop.
* Never cross a solid line or make a turn even if instructed to do so if the signs indicate turning is not allowed.
* Make sure you are watching at four way stops as you will have to know who is at the stop sign first. This way you will not proceed if it is not your turn, or just sit there when you have the right of way. Just remember if you arrive at the same time the person on the right goes first.
* Always use your indicator when changing lanes or turning.
* Listen carefully to your assessor’s instructions so you don’t panic and make a mistake because you did not hear or understand. If you don’t hear or understand clarify so you do not make a mistake. Also it is easy to want to just immediately follow their direction. However you have to listen to their instruction and then follow the rules of the road before proceeding.
Using a license practice test will make pass your driving test easier as long as you stay focused and remember the rules.