In today’s modern world, there have been so many advances in the dental industry that there is no reason anyone should not have the bright smile they have always wanted. One of the biggest advances in the dental field comes from Invisalign braces. The debate over whether this form of modern braces is better than traditional braces is raging on even now. Here are some of the benefits of both and the disadvantages as well.
The Advantages of Invisalign
1. The clear aligners used are almost invisible
2. The aligners are smooth, comfortable, and plastic
3. They are removable, so they are easy to clean
4. You can eat whatever you want
The Disadvantage of Invisalign
1. Invisalign is said to be more expensive than traditional braces
2. Many insurance companies will not cover clear braces, so you have to pay out of pocket.
3. Not everyone qualifies for clear braces. It is possible that your teeth are bad enough that you can’t use clear braces to remedy the problem.
The Advantages of Traditional Braces
1. Traditional braces are cheaper than clear braces in many instances.
2. Traditional braces can be used when clear braces cannot.
The Disadvantages of Traditional Braces
1. Traditional braces require brackets and wires that make them hurt quite often
2. Wires can poke and irritate your mouth making it hard to chew
3. It is harder to brush and floss with traditional braces
4. There are many food restrictions when you have traditional braces. You are not allowed to chew gum, eat popcorn, or many other foods that you might enjoy.
Making a Decision
The best way to make a decision between clear braces and traditional braces is by weighing the pros and cons of each. Do some research, read reviews, and then make an informed decision. Make sure that you check with your insurance company to see if they cover any of the costs of clear braces as well.
These are a few of the benefits and disadvantages of clear braces and traditional braces. Weigh them carefully and make an informed decision after discussing it with your dentist. You can also contact Our Website for more information today.