Although most people think of Texas as being very hot year round, this actually isn’t the case. Temperatures do tend to drop during the winter months and a home or business owner may find him or herself in need of a company specializing in Heating Repair Delhi Township Ohio. Often, the home or business owner finds that there is a wait due to everyone calling at the same time for similar reasons. If you find that you are in need of Heating Repair Delhi Township Ohio, there are certain steps you can take to attempt to correct the problem yourself. Sometimes a simple fix is all that is needed to get the system up and running again. Here are a few to try.
1. Check to ensure the switch has been set to ‘heat’ instead of ‘cool’. Many home owners change the temperature and forget to move the switch so the heat doesn’t kick on.
2. Move the dial and see if the thermostat kicks in. If the furnace activates, the temperature may have been set too low.
3. Make sure all connections and wires are intact by doing a visual inspection. If an electrical connection has come loose, the system won’t work as designed.
4. Replace furnace filters regularly to prevent a blockage or restricted air flow. This step should be taken before the temperatures begin to drop.
5. Make sure gas to the home has been cut on. Many home and business owners have gas service cut off during the summer months to save money. The gas company must come out and restore service before the heating system will work.
6. Look to see if the circuit breaker which controls the heating system has been moved to the on position. Many tend to overlook this step as it is only done once a year.
7. Determine the temperature of the room. Cut the thermostat to a temperature that is five degrees higher and see if the heating system comes on.
8. Make sure the chimney and vent system haven’t rusted during the summer months and that they have no obstructions.
9. Ensure the thermostat display shows the correct date, time and temperature as the problem may be with the thermostat and not the system itself
If the above steps don’t resolve the problem, call in a Savings Heating & Air. The Heating Repair Delhi Township Ohio company diagnoses the problem and make repair recommendations. This ensures you stay warm and cozy all winter.