Planning to quit cigarettes but really scared of going cold turkey? Herbal smoking blends have become quite popular as one of the most effective ways of quitting cigarettes. These herbal blends are known to ease the withdrawal symptoms of giving up the nicotine habit. Many countries including the United States have legalized the use of herbal smoking blends and incenses. There are quite a few of these smoking blends available today which can help you get rid of your nicotine addiction. Here in this article we will take a closer look at the benefits of smoking herbal blends as a way of quitting cigarettes as well as some of the blends that are available today.
Herbal Smoking Blends for Quitting Cigarettes: Benefits
The first major benefit of using herbal smoking blends for quitting cigarettes is that they are free from tobacco and nicotine, thus a much safer alternative. Besides nicotine, cigarette smoke also contains other irritants, pollutants and stimulants which adversely affect the human body. These herbal blends are free from all such toxins. Apart from that these smoking blends also make it easier to deal with the withdrawal symptoms and tobacco cravings. Also, the herbs used for making these blends have medicinal properties and have been used for centuries by various cultures in folk medicine for relaxation and healing ailments. Some other benefits of smoking herbal blends instead of cigarettes include –
- Relief from emotional stress
- Relief from insomnia and improper sleep
- Improves energy levels
Herbal Smoking Blends: Your Options
Here are some of the most popular herbal smoking blends available in the market today –
- Sagebrush: A shrub prominently found in the desert regions of the United States, sagebrush imparts a moderate flavor to the smoking blend. Sagebrush is also known for its antibacterial properties. This shrub is used for cooking purposes too.
- Mint: Mint is one of the most popular flavors of smoking blends available today, the main reason being its aroma. However, as it contains methanol, mint smoking blends should not be used in excess. When used in safe limited proportions, these mint smoking blends have a soothing and relaxing effect on the mind and the body. Some of the mint smoking blends include peppermint, spearmint and ornamental mint.
- Salvia Sages: Besides mint, salvia sage smoking blends are among the popular choices. There are various types of salvia sages including purple, white and black salvia sages and are typically known to produce a good flavor. Native Americans used this herb for cleansing purposes during rituals.
Try out these herbal smoking blends and help rid yourself of the debilitating effects of smoking cigarettes.