Some companies install quick disconnect fittings to their tubing. This is a means of ensuring disconnecting tubing is easy, practical and economical. Using this type of fitting can help to improve the overall experience of the end user by simplifying the process of connecting and disconnecting. The process also prevents leakage of any fluids. Other benefits include:
- Decrease downtime
- Increase efficiency of the system
- Addressing of pressure drops
- Handling of difficult assemblies
The fitting are available in a variety of materials including metal and plastic. Customers can also select the right option from a variety of types.
Types of Quick Disconnects
Customers can chose from a variety of types. Among the most common for industrial concerns are
- SNAP TYPE (Ball Latching): This is the most common type of quick disconnects. It is even possible to disconnect using only one hand.
- NON-LATCHING: This type is best for applications where the environment is compact and the need is for quick serviceability.
- NO SHUT-OFF: Quick disconnect fittings of this style are suitable for high flow rates applications involving low-pressure non-hazardous gases
- SINGLE SHUT-OFF: To handle the need for filling or evacuating pressure before disconnecting the fill line
- DOUBLE SHUT-OFF: These disconnects feature shut-off valves within both internal and external ends
- DRY BREAK: This provides an extra level of sealing beyond that offered by a double shut-off
Quick Disconnect Fittings
For those who want to quickly connect and disconnect tubing without divorcing it from the fitting, the answer is simple. Quick disconnect fittings provide the means to do so effectively and easily. To accomplish this, design engineers have to be certain they are able to match the requirements of the application to the right quick disconnect fitting. In particular, they need to look at various factors including material selection to ensure compatibility with all aspects of the application including environment, operator, and maximum service pressure.