Many people claim that the best way to find a Cedar Park carpet cleaning company is to ask friends and relatives about their own experiences and follow their advice. This common wisdom is a bit dubious and very dependent upon the judgment of friends and family. It also assumes that you know people in the area, and perhaps you do not. There is also the unconscious assumption that your friends and family have a wide range of experiences with Cedar Park carpet cleaning companies and that their combined experiences will be enough to provide you with the very best choice. But perhaps your friends and family merely did what most people do, which is to either listen to their friends and family to make their decision, or more common probably, call and hire the first place they find who’s running a special that looks good.
If you have friends and family who are perhaps in the Cedar Park carpet cleaning business, then they might be good people to ask, though they will likely refer you to either their own company or to someone they have a professional partnership with.
The first thing you want to make sure of, whatever the case, is that the Cedar Park carpet cleaning company you contract with is experienced, that the people who will come into your home and attempt to clean your carpet are licensed, and know what they are doing. That means you should ask some questions. If they are professionals, they will welcome questions and be more than willing to answer them. Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been doing business in town? (Good answer: more than five years.)
- Are you a private company or do you belong to a franchise? (A franchise is no guarantee of quality.)
- Are you certified by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration? (Best answer: yes.)
- Do you clean carpets exclusively, or will you clean floors, tiles, grout and upholstery, too?
- Do you use hazardous chemicals? (Best answer: no.)
- What is your most used method for cleaning carpets? (Options include dry, water, steam.)
- Do you have a truck-mounted system, or do you plug everything into my walls and use my electricity?
- How much do you charge and how do you come up with your rates?
- Are you bonded and insured?
Your home and everything in it is your most major life investment, so you can’t be too careful when searching for the right Cedar Park carpet cleaning company. Ideally, you will find a company who takes great pride in treating your home and belongings as well as they would treat their own.