Are you suspecting that your eyes have developed cataract? You should get in touch with an experienced and reputable ophthalmologist as soon as possible. If you do not have much idea about cataracts and various aspects related to it, then this article will help you a lot with this. Read on!
What are the reasons occurrence of cataracts?
* It is a normal phenomenon of aging.
* However, it also develops as a result of eye injuries, certain ailments or medications.
* Our genes also play an important role in the development of cataract. So, you will find many cases where infants also develop cataracts. This is known as congenital cataract.
What are the possible treatments for treating cataracts?
You may not be familiar with this fact that cataracts cannot be treated by medications, wearing glasses or doing various exercises. The one and only treatment to get rid of cataract is undergoing a surgery. Through a surgery, the cloudy lens developed on the retina of your eyes is removed. In most of the cases, your natural lens is replaced by an intraocular lens (IOL) implant. That is permanently implanted in your eyes via a surgical procedure.
* In order to determine whether your cataract needs to be removed or not, your ophthalmologist (eye specialist) will perform a thorough eye check-up.
* Prior to the surgery, your ophthalmologist will test your eyes to determine the power of IOL that would be suitable for your eye.
* You should ask your ophthalmologist that whether you can continue your regular, any medications prior to the surgery.
* You should make prior arrangements and ask someone to drive you home after the surgery. You should avoid traveling on public transport after your surgery.
On the day of your surgery
* Such surgeries are generally performed as an outpatient basis.
* Your ophthalmologist may ask you to skip breakfast. This depends upon the time your surgery is going to be performed.
* When you arrive for your surgery, you will be administered with eye drops and sometimes with also with mild sedatives.
* After that, you will be provided with local anesthesia.
* The skin around your eyes will be thoroughly cleaned.
* A sterile covering will be placed over your head.
* In order to keep your eyes open, a speculum will be used.
Once your surgery is done, then the ophthalmologist will put a protective cover over your eyes. Just after a limited stay in out patient ward, you will be discharged to go home, but then you have to follow certain restrictions in order to avoid infections.
These are some basic information on cataract. Murfreesboro, TN has got a number of ophthalmologists practicing in the region. That is why you should see an eye specialist who is a Board Certified Ophthalmologist.
Cataract Murfreesboro TN – Do you want to get rid of cataract? Murfreesboro, TN is a home to many ophthalmologists, but for best results you should contact – McCabe Vision Center.