With small infants and pets in the house, there would be more chances of accidents and spillages on your home carpeting. Frequent professional cleaning of your rugs and carpets is expensive and in house cleaning by professionals is a time-consuming affair, so for those small spills and stains you can always keep a few items handy to reduce staining or remove dirt. Besides routinely vacuuming your carpets, it’s a good idea to do a thorough carpet cleaning at least 1-4 times a year depending on whether they are fitted in high traffic or lower traffic area, for maintaining a sanitary environment. Draperies should also be cleaned at least 1-2 times a year.
There are some basic tips a home owner could follow to avoid or reduce stains and dirt marks
* If you spill red wine on a rug, douse the area with white wine; blot it with a Turkish towel or paper. Do not rub the area as it may aggravate staining. If the stain is stubborn get it cleaned by professionals.
* Keep some club soda at home. It’s a natural product that is effective for removing stains on upholstery and rugs. Club soda removes stains from red wine, fruit juices and dark soda spills. Blot out the stained area with a towel and soak up as much of the spilled fluid as possible, saturate the area with club soda and allow it to sit and bubble for a few minutes. Keep on blotting with a towel and adding small amounts of club soda to the area until as much of the stain as possible is transferred to the towel. If the stain is wholly removed, press the towel to the area and soak up the soda, rinse the area with water and blot out the moisture with a towel.
* Baking soda is something we normally have in our homes that acts as a good deodorizer and cleaner. After vacuuming your carpet thoroughly in a crisscross motion, sprinkle baking soda over the rug. Wait for 2-3 hours and vacuum again. Your rug should look clean and smell fresh.
* Mix warm water with ammonia in a 4:1 ratio, and keep it in a spray bottle. Spray this solution on stains and blot as before.
* Mix warm water with vinegar in 4:1 ratio and use like you would the ammonia solution.
* Liquid dish detergent, in dilute form is also good for agent for cleaning.
For removal of allergens, stains and keeping your draperies and carpets looking new and smelling fresh you should engage professionals who specialize in carpet cleaning. Los Angeles residents can engage the services of professionals who will keep their carpeting in first-rate condition.
Carpet cleaning Los Angeles – If you are looking for carpet cleaning, Los Angeles residents can contact Ace Rug and Furniture Cleaning Co., a family business with 55 years of household and commercial experience and service.