A mouse infestation is a serious issue, especially because mice carry bacteria and diseases. As soon as you realize you have an infestation, you need to take care of it as soon as possible to minimize health risks. The best plan of action to rid your home or office of mice is to call a professional exterminator like the Wildlife X Team. By hiring rodent control in Plano, TX, you can be sure that your home is free of mice and safe again.
Why Rodent Control in Plano, TX is Important
If you see one rodent, you more than likely have several in your home. Rodents reproduce all year and can quickly create a massive number for you to deal with. Every female can produce up to 10 litters each year, and it would only take three months for a small family of six mice to turn into 60 mice.
Rodent Infestation Clean Up Tips
If you have an infestation in your home, keep the following tips in mind to ensure your safety:
• If you see feces from the mice or rats, do not disturb them without the proper precautions. Of course, you want them out of your home, but you must be careful how you dispose of them. Sweeping or vacuuming the feces may further contaminate your home.
• When you are ready to dispose of the feces, be sure that you pick them up with a gloved hand. The glove should be durable and nonabsorbent. You should wear clothing that you can throw away after the clean up and a mask to prevent you from breathing in any of the dangerous particles.
• You must clean and disinfect all surfaces if they have been exposed to rodents or their droppings. Additionally, you must dispose of all gloves and cleaning cloths. Washing or bleaching cloths is not a good idea because of the harmful bacteria and viruses that may cover them.
• Anything that you throw away that has had contact with the rodents or their droppings should be double bagged in trash bags and discarded immediately after clean up.
• Wash your hands completely with antibacterial soap after you are in contact with rodents or their feces. Even if you have gloves on, scrub those hands thoroughly.
• After you have cleaned and disinfected all surfaces, make sure that you let them dry completely before using them again.
A rodent infestation is bad news because of the diseases, viruses, and bacteria that they can carry. Most people do not realize how dangerous these infestations really can be. Instead of trying to eliminate rats yourself and putting your family at risk in the process, hire professionals to take care of the problem for you. Call the Wildlife X Team to eliminate your rodent problem before the mice have a chance to grow and reproduce.