There are various reasons a person may require a tooth crown in Albion to help correct a dental issue. Stabilizing a cracked tooth, one that is weakened due to decay, anchoring a dental bridge, or to repair a misshaped tooth are just a few reasons an individual would require dental work to help protect their teeth. A crown is a tooth-shaped concealment that can be placed over a damaged tooth to restore the tooth to its original appearance and shape. This helps prevent the need for removing a damaged tooth that can result in additional dental problems such as teeth shifting, decaying or deterioration of the jaw bone structure.
Technique Used to Strengthen a Damaged Tooth
- During the first initial appointment of having a tooth crown in Albion placed in your mouth, you can expect to have several molds taken of your mouth. These molds will be used to create a crown that is customized specifically to your tooth.
- A temporary crown will be placed over the tooth until the customized one is created in a dental lab.
- Before the temporary crown is placed, the tooth that needs to be repaired will have decay removed and the surface reshaped to fit the crown.
- At your second visit the temporary crown removed before cleaning and applying the permeant crown.
- The process is virtually painless, and a numbing agent is administered to help relieve any discomfort.
Protect a Weakened or Damaged Tooth by Scheduling a Dental Appointment Today
Why risk the chance of losing a tooth or suffering in pain when a solution is available? The friendly staff at All Smiles Dentistry is ready to help solve any dental problem you may have and provide the preventive care to protect your teeth. Using the latest techniques and equipment available today, you can obtain a beautiful and healthy smile.