If you are hosting a party featuring ice luges in New York, you are obviously aiming for an occasion your guests will never forget. Ice luges are large blocks of ice or ice carvings with channels carved through it. You then pour liquor down the channels where guests will either catch it with a glass or drink it directly from the luge. Some ice luges in New York actually store the liquor inside for a period of time, so you don’t have to worry about pouring it down the chutes every time someone wants a drink. With such a memorable mode of drinking, you want a beverage that your guests will remember as well.
Because the temperature inside luges is below freezing, you want to avoid anything with too much sugar since this can cause the liquid to freeze. Many ice luges in New York are shaped to look like a martini glass, so the obvious choice for these would be to serve martinis. If you tend to like sweet martinis, lemon drop martinis have less sugar than other kinds, so this would be a great choice. Ice luges are translucent, so colored beverages like lemon drop martinis or blue martinis will create a stunning effect.
If you are just pouring individual shots or drinks down ice luges in New York, you don’t have to worry about it freezing, since the liquor will only be in contact with the ice a short time. It is still fun to have a colorful drink, since you can see it winding its way through the ice channels. Plus, you still want a unique recipe for this one-of- a-kind style of drinking. Of course there are standard shots that still seem pretty special. Here are some drinks and shots you might consider:
- White Russian: 2 oz vodka, 1 oz Kahlua or other coffee liqueur, splash of cream
- Buttery Nipple: 1 oz Butterscotch Schnapps and ½ oz of Irish Cream
- Mind Eraser: 1 ¼ oz Kahlua or other coffee liqueur, ¾ oz vodka, and a splash of club soda
- Dry Manhattan: 2 ½ oz bourbon, 1 oz dry vermouth, 3 dashes of bitters
If you are looking for something a little to fit such an unusual drinking style, consider these delicious drinks you may never have heard of before:
- Hop, Skip and Go Naked: ¼ oz cherry brandy, ¼ oz vodka, ¼ oz triple sec, ½ lime juice, orange juice, and grenadine
- Kermit the Frog: 1 oz melon liqueur, ½ oz coconut rum, 2 oz sweet and sour mix, and a splash of 7-up
- Bloated Monkey: 1 oz peach schnapps, ½ oz orange liqueur, 1 oz pineapple juice, 1 oz orange juice
No matter what drink (or drinks) you decide to serve, your guests will never forget the unique experience and the fun they had drinking out of ice luges at your New York party.
If you are hosting a party featuring ice luges in New York, you are obviously aiming for an occasion your guests will never forget. For more information, visit the website Icesculpturedesigns.com.