When an accident occurs, everything can become confusing and chaotic rather quickly. Which can leave victims stunned by the sudden incident and cannot think properly. While it may be difficult to know what to do following an auto accident, there are a few basic steps to remember that can help protect your chance of obtaining a reasonable compensation for the incident. One of the primary factors to remember after being involved in an accident is you should contact a Riverside personal injury lawyer as soon as you possibly can.
Additional Steps to Remember
- You should immediately call for emergency personnel to treat anyone that was injured in the accident.
- Access the situation to determine if everyone is safe and if possible move them to safety if you can.
- Do not admit you are at-fault for the accident as this can jeopardize your claim if the other party is 100% responsible.
- Exchange information with the other party or officer reporting to the accident.
- Preserve any evidence you can such as taking pictures of the collision or names of witnesses.
- Immediately receive medical treatment even if you do not feel injured. There can be underlying injuries that you may not notice because they are not visible to the naked eye. Plus, the body goes into shock and you may not notice any pain until the next day.
- Consult a Riverside personal injury attorney about your accident to learn your legal rights.
Benefit from Hiring Legal Council
While some minor claims can be settled easily, more severe accidents can be difficult to obtain a settlement. Most insurance companies do not want to pay the high expenses that occur from an accident and will try to get you to settle for less. When you need a Riverside car accident attorney, the legal team at Salek Law Firm is ready to diligently fight for your rights.