You must be aware of the hype and hoopla of breast enlargement surgeries. It helps a woman to achieve fuller as well as perkier breasts. Apart from aesthetics, it also helps those woman who have lost their breasts because of breast cancer treatments. Do you know that under developed or lost breasts is one of the main reasons for depression and lack of self-esteem among many woman. However, keeping this thing in mind, medical researchers have found out a new method to enlarge them scientifically, which is breasts implants. So, are you looking forward to it? In Los Angeles, you will find a number of good plastic surgeons offering such treatments.
You may have developed many queries regarding breast implants. There are few questions and their answers cited below regarding this enlargement surgery. Hope you will get an idea after reading them.
What is a breast implant?
- It is a prosthesis (false enlargement or replacement of a body organ) that is used for altering the size, form as well as feel of your breasts with the help of post- mastectomy breast reconstruction surgery.
- It is not only used for breast augmentation, but also for correcting congenital deformities of your chest wall.
- It also one of the procedures of gender transition surgeries (male to female).
What are the types of breast implants?
These implants are of various shapes and sizes with two different types of outer shells. There are two types of implants that are approved by FDA (Food and Drug Administration):
1. Silicone-filled implants: These are smoother, and feel more or less like your natural ones ans are made up of semi solid gel. These are less likely to wrinkle as well as ripple, if used for a considerable period of time.
2. Saline-filled implants: These are generally considered similar to water balloons and are more likely to wrinkle, if worn on a regular basis. This is one of the biggest disadvantages of saline-filled implants.
If you happen to live in Los Angeles, then you will come across a number of expert surgeons performing such surgeries. However, you need to select a plastic surgeon carefully, otherwise the outcomes can be dangerous. After all its related o your health and your look as well. And when it comes your health and appearance you should not compromise with anything, be it money or something else.
Are you looking for a plastic surgeon in Los Angeles? Breast implant surgeons are available here in plenty, all you need to do is check that whether he is one of the members of Los Angeles Board Certified Plastic Surgeons or not, and go for treatments.