Asphalt shingles, also called composition shingles, are the most popular form of roof covering in the United States. Roofers in Norman can tell you that this is the most common type of roofing they apply on homes and residences in the area. They know it is popular for several reasons and can tell you all of them.
Why Is Asphalt Roofing Popular?
People pick asphalt roofing over wood shakes, metal and other options for several reasons. Below are the most common:
Choosing Asphalt Shingles
There are several reasons why people choose asphalt over other types of roofing materials. While the options provided above are taken into account, some of the main reasons are:
* Inexpensive: This is certainly true when compared to the other options
* Cost-effective: Taking into consideration the hiring of roofers, the cost of materials, maintenance work and durability, asphalt is very cost-effective
* Durable: Depending upon the grade of shingles used, they can last up to 50 years. Of course, the skill and experience of the roofers can add or subtract longevity
* Suitability: Asphalt shingles are appropriate for many different climates
* Low maintenance: Asphalt roofs require little to know maintenance work
* Availability: Unless you are ordering a very specific and outdated pattern, these shingles are readily available for any repair or replacement job
* Ease of Installment: Both roofers and individuals find asphalt shingles the easiest to install when compared with other roofing materials
* Straightforward repair: repair issues are generally not complex
* Recyclable: It is now possible to recycle the material. Talk to roofers in your area about this option
Esthetic Reasons Roofers Provide
In addition to the practical aspects of choosing an asphalt roof, there are actually esthetic reasons. No longer are you restricted in your choice of shingles. At one time, the color palette and style was severely restricted and restrictive. This is no longer true. You are now able to find asphalt shingles in a vast variety of colors, styles and designs.
Asphalt shingles are available in architectural styles that mimic other types of roofing material. Roofers can provide you with samples of different types including:
* Traditional overlay
* Slate style
* Cedar shake style
They are standard, staggered or offset in patterns. As for color – take your pick.
Talk to Your Local Roofers
If you are considering putting a new roof on your home, carefully look at all your options. In Oklahoma, roofers in Norman can help. They will look at your home or business and discuss your alternatives. They will discuss such things as durability, price and esthetic appeal. Do keep in mind, they are providing you with their professional opinion. This can help guide you when it comes time to make a final decision on what roofing material will look and work best.
If you are searching for the right Roofers in Norman consult the professionals Construction Company first. They can provide you with the information you need to make the best decision. When it comes to repairing the roofs of businesses and residences, we offer affordable and high-quality products and services. To find out more about us and what we can offer.