Smiling with crooked teeth is not a pretty sight and most often, people feel embarrassed by it. So what do they do? They don’t do open smiles and deep within themselves, their confidence starts to wither. Unfortunately, there is only so much you can do with a child’s teeth to prevent it from becoming crooked. When a person is born with that bone structure, the only thing you can do is get it treated. Children and young adults are the common victims of crooked teeth.
Thankfully, we are blessed with advanced dental technology today that can help fix crooked teeth. A decade ago, metal braces were the only option for treating misaligned teeth. Today, kids can choose to use Invisalign Batavia IL over the traditional metal braces. Invisalign is an invisible aligner with the same function as metal braces—to align teeth. Although both have the same purpose and are effective, there are several benefits of choosing Invisalign over the traditional metal braces.
Benefits of Invisalign
Invisalign Batavia IL does not look like braces. This is an invisible aligner placed over the teeth so there are no brackets to be seen. Here is a rundown of the benefits of using Invisalign instead:
- Invisalign is made of clear plastic which gives it its invisible appearance.
- While metal braces have to be cemented on the teeth, Invisalign aligners can be removed and put back.
- Using Invisalign gives users an easier time to brush their teeth which helps in promoting oral health during the time of treatment.
- Many people have difficulties brushing their metal braces which results in food residues in between the teeth and around the brackets.
- There’s no need to apply wax since Invisalign braces doesn’t irritate or scrape the gums.
- Invisalign produces fast results as the aligner is changed every other week for a perfect fit. People can have straight teeth in a year.
- The results are a lot faster compared to metal braces which needs adjusting every 4 to 6 weeks.
Teenagers will prefer using Invisalign Batavia IL as they tend to feel ashamed of wearing metal braces. However, Invisalign is much more expensive but people think that the benefits outweigh the costly price tag.
Nevertheless, it is of extreme importance that you consult with an orthodontist about your child’s crooked teeth problem. The orthodontist will run some tests to assess which type of dental appliance will be best used for your child’s dental treatment.